Thank you Mrs. Alwart for being our mystery reader today!
Review trick words: the, a, and, is, his, of as, has, to, into, we, he, she, be, me, or, for, you, your, I, they, one, said, was
This week in school...
- Nicholas shared about his weekend with Piggie. Ellie is taking Gerald home next...have a great time together!
- we learned how to use a program called xtra math on the iPads. Information was sent home yesterday...please let me know if you have any questions.
- we continued our work as Word Detectives. We learned that readers can solve tricky words in their books by asking “does this word remind me of another word I know?”
- we learned how to plan out our writing for our teaching books in writing workshop. You plan your teaching book by saying your information across your fingers and then quickly sketching each page. Then you write! It helps to tell this to your partner first in a teaching voice.
- we made Thanksgiving presents for you!
- we worked together to make a DELICIOUS fruit salad.
- we had an unexpected evacuation during lunch and recess. There was a strange smell in the building and the fire department came to check things out. Everything was ok and the building was cleared for us to go back in. The class did GREAT!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving break!
11/22 - No School - professional development day for teachers
11/23-11/24 - Thanksgiving Break
12/3 - Sasha’s Birthday