current trick words: are, were
review trick words: do, does, have, from, was, one, said, you, your, they, or, for, we, he, she, be, mea, and, his, is, I, my, me, of, see, the, was, you, as, has, to, into
This week in school....
- We celebrated Emmett's birthday!
- Simone shared about her weekend with Pigeon. Emmett is bringing home Pigeon this weekend. Have Fun!
- we are taking down our Fall Wall and turning it into a Winter Wonderland! We made name snowmen, gingerbread houses, and gingerbread characters to decorate the wall. We will be sure to send pictures when it is all done!
- we had a delayed opening
- we went on a field trip to the Needham Food Pantry
- we started a new unit in Fundations. We learned how to add suffix s to make a word plural.
- we went to the 5th grade VIP museum. Ask your child what they learned.
- we learned how to solve number sentences with missing addends.
- we learned how to solve challenging cross number puzzles.
- we learned how to add transition words into our How To books.
- we wrote a list of materials for our How To stories.
- we participated in the Hour of Code with Mrs. Martell. Click HERE to play these games at home!
- we read many more fractured versions of the Gingerbread Man. Ask your child which story is their favorite.
- Mrs. Ado came in and taught an Eagles Nest Lesson on acceptance.
- we changed desks. Ask your child who they sit next to now!
- we made a classroom fractured Gingerbread Story.
- Wed 12/19 12:40-2:00 - Winter Solstice Celebration
- Wed 12/19 - School Spirit Day. Dress like something that begins with the letter E (ex. Elsa, elephant, eagle, egg....)
- 12/20 - Celebrating Alex's birthday
- Fri 12/21 - Celebrating Lillian's 1/2 birthday
- Fri 12/21 - PJ Day in Room 178 (I haven't told the kids yet!!! They will be so excited!)