Ni Hao (Hello)
Zai Jian (goodbye)
review trick words: the, a, and, is, his, of as, has, to, into, we, he, she, be, me, or, for, you, your, I, they
new trick words: one, said, was
Thank you to Mrs. Popkin for being our mystery reader today! Please send me an email if you are interested in reading to the class.
click here for the poems of the week.
This week in school...
- we celebrated Nicholas’ birthday
- we started a new unit of study for writing workshop. We are now writing Nonfiction books. We are experts and teachers!
- we have new partners for writing workshop!
- we officially became word detectives! We even have a badge to wear when we are on the case!
- we learned that word detectives use snap words to read.
- we read words that we know in a snap
- we read words that we know and think, “what would make sense here?”
- we did a Thanksgiving project
- we earned extra recess
- finished chapter 2 and had a post assessment (look for it in your child’s folder Monday).
- we started chapter 3 in math and today we learned about the penny.
- we started STEAM rotation #2. Now on Thursdays we will go to technology and learn how to code!
- we are almost done with reading “Mouse and the Motorcycle”
- Cynthia shared about her weekend with Piggie. Nicholas is bringing home Piggie this weekend! Have a great weekend Nicholas and Piggie!
- Piggie has been traveling for a LONG time! We think Gerald and Pigeon are getting a bit jealous!
- we did vision and hearing tests with Mrs. Flueckiger
- we made a thankful tree in our classroom! Check out the picture below. Ask your child what they put on their heart for the thankful tree.
- Mrs. Sullivan (guidance counselor) came in and did the second "Eagle's Nest" lesson. This month's theme is acceptance.
- we changed desks! Ask your child who they are sitting with now!
11/21 - Friendship Fruit Salad - please no coconuts, papaya, or kiwi.
11/22 - No School - professional development day for teachers
11/23-11/24 - Thanksgiving Break
11/24 Cynthia’s Birthday