- Hola (Hello)
- Chao (goodbye)
- review trick words: the, a, and, is, his, of as, has, to, into, we, he, she, be, me, or, for
This week in school....
- we had PJ day!
- we started watching Storyline online during snack.
- we had a field trip to Eastman!
- we had a Halloween party!
- we watched a movie with the other first grade classes.
- we did Halloween activities.
- Mrs. Schwarm made a Halloween slide show! Click here to see it!
- Keira shared her about her weekend with Piggie. Today Theo is taking home Gerald! Have a great weekend Theo and Gerald!
- we had two ALICE drills. On Monday, we evacuated the school and today we practiced barricading the door up in the technology lab. Both times the students did a fantastic job at staying safe and calm.
- we have finished our writing workshop unit on small moments. We all chose 1 story that meant the most to us and we are working on publishing it!
- we put up the new calendar for November.
- we started centers during reading workshop. Some of the centers include: fundations practice, trick word practice, poetry, iPads, buddy reading, and games.
- we learned about cyberbullying and how to be a good digital citizen. Today we went up to the computer lab to create a web page all about what we learned.
- we learned how to use the number line to help us add and subtract.
- we are using symbols (>, <, and =) to compare numbers.
- we played a fun math game using these symbols.
- we are using mystery sticks constantly throughout our day. We have “mystery direction followers”, “mystery walkers”, “mystery liner uppers”, and “mystery workers”. Ask your child if they were a mystery ____ this week and what happens.
- a Native American story teller came to our school for an assembly. Ask your child about this assembly!
11/5 - Daylight Savings (fall back)
11/10 - Veteran’s Day Observed - No School
11/10 - Nicholas’ birthday!