Welcome back! For those of you who are new this year, I am Señorita Jodrie, the Spanish teacher. I get to teach kindergarten this year for the first time. I teach kindergarten, first and second graders once a week, and third, fourth and fifth graders twice a week. Each class lasts forty minutes.
First graders are also getting to know me as I did not have them last year, and I gave them all a Spanish name. They are also working on how to introduce themselves, so ask them to tell you their name in Spanish!
Here is the link to our Spanish website in case students want to practice at home http://bespanish.weebly.com/ and I am also on twitter where I share pictures and videos about what we are doing in class. Follow me at @EliotelemSpan
Click HERE for our current poems
This week in school...
- Viola shared about her weekend with Piggie. Kevin is taking Gerald home today! Have fun Kevin!
- we made beautiful leaves for Fall and decorated the classroom.
- we met our classroom buddies. They are in 5th grade. Ask your child who their 5th grade buddy is and what we did together this morning.
- we learned some new letters! So far we have reviewed the following letters: t, b, f, m, n, i, u, c, o, a, g, d, s, l, h, k, e, and r.
- we wrote about saying goodbye to summer and hello to fall.
- we started doing rotations in math! Ask your child about the three rotations they did today.
- each week we are learning how to say hello in a different language. Last week was Hola (Spanish) and this week was Bonjour (French).
- Stella, Nathan, David, and Alex all did star name this week.
- we learned new strategies for solving hard words in reading workshop. (try it two ways, do a double check (does it look right? does it make sense)
- we started writing small moments during writing workshop. Ask your child what they are writing about.
- we started a new anchor chart on how to write a story. Have your child go over the chart (see below) with you at home!)
- we had our first early release day.
- and today we said goodbye to our friend, Nathaniel. He is moving to Rhode Island and we wish him and his family the best!!!
Monday, 9/30 - No School (Rosh Hashanah)
Thursday, 10/3 - Chase's Birthday
Friday, 10/4 - Fairytale Fitness (PTC Event) 6:30-8