current trick words: some, come, very, also, too
review trick words: two, put, why, by, my, try, who, what, when, where, there, here, are, were, do, does, have, from, was, one, said, you, your, they, or, for, we, he, she, be, me, and, his, is, I, my, me, of, see, the, was, you, as, has, to, into
This week in school...
- we went to the state fair put on by the 3rd graders.
- we learned how to add suffix s to our new glued sounds.
- we learned how to compare 2 digit numbers.
- we practiced identifying how many tens and ones were in a number.
- we had a Fundations and a math assessment. Look for these in your child's back pack on Monday.
- we celebrated Isaac's birthday and Mollie's 1/2 birthday!
- Benjamin shared about his weekend with Pigeon on Tuesday and Isaac is taking Pigeon home today! Have fun!
- we had 3 days of indoor recess and today we FINALLY had outdoor recess!
- Leanna shared about her trip to Isreal.
- we continued to learn about Martin Luther King Jr. and today read a scholastic news about his granddaughter.
- we made hearts to hang up around town for Eliot Loves Needham.
- we read the 3 Snow Bears by Jan Brett
- Mrs. Schwarm was absent on Thursday.
- Yesterday was our last STEAM technology class. Next week we will start STEAM art.
- On Monday we will start our next unit in Reading Workshop called "Readers have BIG jobs to do!"
- in writing workshop we started working on our table of contents and turning our teaching books into chapter books.
- Monday 1/26 - Ruthie's 1/2 birthday
- Wednesday 1/30 - early release day
- Friday 2/1 - 90's day!
- Friday 2/8 - 100th day of school celebration.