Our featured language this week is from Italy.
review trick words: her, number, over,would, could, should come, some, too, also, very put, two, why, by, try, my, who, what, when are, were, do, does, from, have, the, a, and, is, his, of as, has, to, into, we, he, she, be, me, or, for, you, your, I, they, one, said, was
This week in school....
- Chloe shared about her weekend with Piggie. Korrine is taking home Piggie this weekend....have fun!
- we celebrated Peter’s 1/2 birthday!
- Mrs. Cunningham was our guest reader. Thank you!
- we celebrated Mo Willems’ birthday!
- we celebrated the 100th day of school. Thank you to all of the parents who were able to come in and help out with this fun event. Ask your child what their favorite activity was!
- we sang happy birthday to Zoey and Hadley!
- we decorated our Valentine’s Day boxes.
- we picked our jobs for next week. Ask your child which job they picked.
- Mrs. Sullivan (Guidance) came in to do an Eagle’s Nest lesson. This lesson was all about being mindful.
- we practiced our Mo Willems’ celebration for Mrs. Sullivan’s 3rd grade class.
- Charlotte lost a tooth!
- we learned how to tell time to the 1/2 hour.
- we made virtual Valentine’s for a 2nd grade classroom in Peachtree Georgia. We are going to skype with them on Wednesday!
- we made Mo Willem’s pictures
- we made a place value flower pot and practiced different ways to make different numbers.
- we played a place value wrap around game.
- we continued to work on our opinion writing. We used a check list to help us make sure we were doing this kind of writing well. (introduction, state your opinion, include reasons, write neatly, add punctuation, ending)
- we went to a fun assembly! Ask your child to tell you about it!
2/12 - Korrine’s birthday
2/12 - Colin’s 1/2 birthday
2/13 - Early Release day (12:15)
2/14 - Valentine’s Day
2/16 - last day of school before February vacation.