New Trick Words: was, one, said
Review Trick Words: You, your, I, they, we, he, she, be, me, or, for, as, has, to, into, a, and, are, as, his, is, I, me, my, of, see, the, was, you
This week in school...
- Bremmer shared about his weekend with Pigeon. Annie is taking home Piggie today! Have fun Annie!
- we made something special for our grown ups for Thanksgiving....stay tuned!
- we finished Word Detectives! We celebrated today by having "flash light reading". We will start our next unit after Thanksgiving break. Check out all of the skills we learned below in the anchor charts. Ask your child to teach you how to use these strategies!
- we had sandwich Tuesday and first grade collected toothbrushes and toothpaste.
- we read a wordless book with Mrs. Sullivan.
- we have written MANY how to stories. Ask your child about all of the stories they have written and ask them to give you the directions.
- we learned all about the penny and the nickel. We are practicing counting combinations of coins.
- we learned a new math game using pennies and nickels. This was sent home yesterday. Ask your child how to play!
- we took down our old bulletin board and put up a thankful tree! Ask your child what they wrote on the tree.
11/26 - Friendship Celebration Day
11/27 - No School (professional development day for teachers)
11/28 & 11/29 - Thanksgiving Break. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!