New Trick Words: are, were
Review Trick Words: do, does, from, have, was, one, said, you, your, I, they, we, he, she, be, me, or, for, as, has, to, into, a, and, are, as, his, is, I, me, my, of, see, the
This week in school we....
- Cassidy shared about her weekend with Piggie. Stella is taking Piggie home today. Have fun Stella!
- we learned how to solve cross number puzzles in math.
- we had a math check in today.
- we turned our fall wall into a winter wonderland! We made name snowmen, gingerbread people, and gingerbread houses. We also made beautiful snowflakes.
- we had an EAGLES Nest lesson with Mrs. Vullo. We learned all about acceptance.
- we learned a new strategy for solving tricky words. We can crash parts together.
- we learned about suffix s and basewords in Fundations. When a word has a suffix s, it changes it from singular to plural. (Ask your child how to tap out words with suffix s)
- we continued to share journals from Thanksgiving break.
- we learned about adding twin sentences in writing workshop. Ex. Dogs like biscuits. A biscuit is a cookie.
- we learned about different picture features in nonfiction books like arrows, captions, close ups...and how they help you to better understand what you are reading. We are also trying to add these features into our own nonfiction writing.
- we read two versions of the traditional story, The Gingerbread Man. We learned about fractured fairytales and read a few fractured Gingerbread books. Ask your child what makes a fairytale fractured.
- we went up to the computer lab and participated in the Hour of Code.
- Tuesday, December 17 - Arianna's 1/2 birthday
- Thursday, December 19 - Emma's birthday celebration (actual birthday 12/23)
- Thursday, December 19 - Classroom Winter Party
- Friday, December 20 - Ella's 1/2 birthday
- December 21- January 1 - Winter break (school resumes Wednesday January 2)