click here to check out our current poems
This week in school....
- we made some leaves for fall
- we wrote Hello Fall, Good Bye Summer
- we started math choice. Ask your child which activities they like to do.
- we celebrated Leanna’s birthday!
- we learned a new greeting (ball bounce greeting)
- we learned about the life cycle of a caterpillar. We have two in our classroom and we look forward to observing the life cycle happen!
- Amber, the albino corn snake, will be coming to stay in our classroom for a few weeks on October 15.
- we learned a song about the months of the year and the seasons of the year.
- we learned about Xtra Math and we started using the iPads in the classroom.
- We started writing workshop. We learned how to write a small moment.
- think of an idea (something you do or something that happened to you).
- Plan (touch and tell across the pages)
- sketch and write.
- we saw our classroom buddies (ask your child about the activity we did with them)
- Mrs. Schwarm shared about her weekend with Pigeon. Miss LaFleur is bringing Pigeon home this weekend and will share on Monday.
- In reading workshop we learned how to drop bad habits (a blooper, the tell me, the freeze, and the mumble) and pick up good habits (check the picture, take a sneak peak, scoop up words and phrases, look at all parts of the word, think about what would make sense).
- we added details and our hair to the Colors of Us.
- we continued learned letters in Fundations. We only have 4 letters to go!
- we had an early release day.
- 10/8 - Columbus Day - No School