New Trick Words: too, very, some, come, also
Review Trick Words: put, two, why, by, try, my, where, here, there, who, what, when, are, were, do, does, from, have, was, one, said, you, your, I, they, we, he, she, be, me, or, for, as, has, to, into, a, and, are, as, his, is, I, me, my, of, see, the
This week In school...
- Aria shared about her weekend with Piggie. Isette is taking Piggie home today. Have fun Isette!
- We celebrated Isette's birthday
- Alex's mom, came In to teach us all about the Chinese New Year. Thank you, Mrs. Wang!
- we had an early release day.
- we started a new unit of study in science. We are learning all about air and weather.
- we started a new STEAM class. Now on Thursdays we will go to Science & Engineering
- we started a new unit of study for writing workshop. We are working on becoming Independent first grade writers! Ask your child what they are writing about and how they are working on becoming more independent.
- We had a guest teacher this morning. Mrs. Swartz said it is always a joy to be in room 178.
- Mrs. Tennyson came in and we did OSMO again during math rotations.
- we had 2 mystery readers. We had 2 3rd graders read to us on Wednesday and Mr. Perez read to us today.
- we went to the 5th graders VIP fair. Ask your child who they saw there.
- we are thinking about what's happening in our stories and what types of words would make sense when reading. (nouns, verbs, adjectives)
- we are also working on personal space and trying to make sure we don't POP someone's bubble.
- 2/1 - Nathan's birthday
- 2/1 - Multicultural Festival 4-7pm
- 2/5 - Zoe's birthday
- 2/7 - Zoey & Hadley Schwarm's 8th birthday
- 2/11 - 100th day of school celebration
- 2/13 - Mo Day celebration.