current trick words: was, one, said
review trick words: you, your, they, or, for, we, he, she, be, mea, and, his, is, I, my, me, of, see, the, was, you, as, has, to, into
This week in school....
- we celebrated our last mission as Word Detectives and we got to read in forts by flashlight
- we learned about vowel teams! (ai, oa, oo, ea, ee, and ou)
- we got a new pet! We now have Rusty, the crested gecko living in our classroom! Ask your child about him!
- we started writing How To books in writing workshop. We learned that it is very important that the steps are in the correct order and that we use specific language describing exactly how to do things.
- we started our new STEAM! We will have 12 weeks of Technology with Mrs. Martell. Ask your child what they will be doing in STEAM.
- we learned about the penny and the nickel. We have been practicing counting up combinations of coins. We discovered that it is important to count the coins with the greatest value first.
- we played a fun game with pennies and nickels called Racing for Nickels.
- we practiced skip counting by 2's, 5's, and 10's
- Moriah shared about her weekend with Pigeon. Lillian is taking Piggie home today! Have fun!
- we learned the glued sound all.
- we had a fundations assessment. Look for it in your child's back pack on Monday
- The other first grade class published their stories and we went over to listen them. We also listened to our class buddies (3rd grade) read their published stories.
12/2 - First Night of Hanukkah
12/7 - Simone's birthday
12/11 - Field Trip to the Food Pantry
12/12 - Delayed Opening
12/14 - Emmett's birthday