- review trick words: the, a, and, is, his, of as, has, to, into, we, he, she, be, me, or, for
- new trick words: you, your, I, they
- click here for the poems of the week.
- I am special technology project
- Digital Citizenship technology project
This week in school...
- Theo shared about his weekend with Gerald! Cynthia brought Piggie home this past weekend....we cannot wait to hear about their weekend together!
- We were invited by a secret reading agency to become word detectives! We have already had 4 missions to help us with our training
- Mission 1: word detectives are always on the lookout. They notice when there’s a problem and stop to solve it right away!
- Mission 2: word detectives look closely to get clues. They make sure to look across the whole word....from start to end.
- Mission 3: Word detectives use everything they know to solve words. Click here to see good habits readers use to solve tricky words.
- Mission 4: when word detectives think they know what a word might be, they do a s-l-o-w check to be sure. They check that all the parts look right.
- we finished our small moments writing unit. Each writer chose one of their small moments to publish. We will be reading them to other classes this week and they will go home soon!
- we learned about bonus letters and the glued sound all in Fundations.
- we learned how to tell time to the hour on an analog clock in math.
- we identified events that happen in the morning, afternoon, and evening.
- we learned about Veterans Day and wore patriotic colors to celebrate.
11/21 - Friendship Fruit Salad
11/22 - No School - professional development day for teachers
11/23-11/24 - Thanksgiving Break
11/24 Cynthia’s Birthday