This week in school...
Our featured language is Japanese
Sayonara (good bye)
- we finished star name!
- we did a class star name all together outside.
- We started science. We are learning about the life cycle of a butterfly.
- we watched a Brainpop Jr. about butterflies
- we got caterpillars to observe. They will become Painted Lady Butterflies
- Their names are John and Eliot
- we had walk to school day!
- we learned in writing workshop not to write about BIG WATERMELON STORIES....but instead, write about little seed stories.
- ex. Instead of writing about my whole vacation, I can write a story about swimming with the dolphins, another story about surfing, another story about.....
- we started Fundations unit 2. We are tapping to write and tapping to read!
- we got new reading partners.
- we got JRBs (ask your child what a JRB is)
- we changed the changing bookshelf from beginning of the year books to Halloween books.
- We worked on trick words. Ask your child to tell you about the two ways we can practice writing our trick words.
- we switched desks. Ask your child who they sit with now!
- we learned about 10 frames and number bonds.
- we started doing math puzzles and math games when we finish our math work.
- we started charting the October weather and temperature.
- we worked with partners in writing workshop. Partners can help us to plan out our stories. Our partners can help us to add more details by asking us questions.
- in reading workshop. we learned that partners don’t tell....they help!
- we learned about how we can tell if a book is a JRB (too easy, too hard, or just right)
- 10/9 - No School
- 10/13 - Fairy Tale Fitness
- 10/21 - Pumpkin Run