Current Trick Words: who, what, when
review trick words: are, were, do, does, from, have, the, a, and, is, his, of as, has, to, into, we, he, she, be, me, or, for, you, your, I, they, one, said, was
Poems of the week
This week in school...
- Sophia shared about her weekend with Piggie. Zakari is taking Gerald home today! Have fun Zak!
- we went to an assembly. We got to watch student performers sing, cheer, and a band play.
- we made snowflakes.
- We went up to the computer lab and did a winter project. It is now hanging on the bulletin board outside our pod. You can check out the project here.
- we had indoor recess one day.
- Mrs. Schwarm took down our “fall wall” and hung up a winter wonderland (with snowmen, gingerbread man, and gingerbread houses) for our “winter wall”
- we are bringing all of our winter gear in from home to enjoy the snow outside. The students are doing an amazing job keeping their gear together and organized!
- we learned about story elements (character, setting, problem and solution). We learned that when one (or more) of these things are different than the traditional fairytale, it becomes a fractured fairytale. We read three fractured Gingerbread books.
- we learned about contractions like I’m and can’t
- we learned about vowel teams and the sounds they make (ea in eat, oo in moon, ou house, and ee tree)
- we learned why you don’t tap out siffix s! If a word ends in ck like sock and you add suffix s, you might write sox instead of socks if you tap out the suffix s.
- we learned how to solve cross number puzzles. We are solving for sums and for missing addends.
- we also solved addition story problems.
- in writing workshop we learned about different types of teaching books. we learned about all about, how to, and making lists.
- we learned how to make comparisons in our writing.
- we learned about Hanukkah and read a few Hanukkah books.
12/19 - Ellie's 1/2 birthday (we will celebrate the 1/2 birthday of those students born in the summer)
12/21 - Winter Solstice
12/22 - last day of school before winter break