Reminder: Conferences start next week. Please email me back the following survey:
My child’s attitude about school is:
I have seen my child progress in these areas:
I have concerns about my child’s progress in these areas:
Other topics I would like to discuss at the conference are:
Thank you to the Cunningham and Velde families for the generous donations to the school store!
current trick words: how, now, down
review trick words: any, many, see, each, between, say, says, her, number, over,would, could, should come, some, too, also, very put, two, why, by, try, my, who, what, when are, were, do, does, from, have, the, a, and, is, his, of as, has, to, into, we, he, she, be, me, or, for, you, your, I, they, one, said, was
This week in school....
- Peter shared about his weekend with Pigeon. Starting next week, students will bring home a Mo Stuffy and the journal on Mondays and Wednesdays. This will be an opportunity to read the journal and see all of the adventures Elephant, Piggie, and Pigeon have gone on since the fall. Your child may choose to write a new entry, but they do not have to.
- we went shopping every day! Ask your child what they have purchased so far at the school store!
- Mrs. Popkin was our mystery reader this week. Thank you!
- Mrs. Sullivan taught us about empathy. Ask your child to tell you what empathy is.
- we started to write book reviews.
- we learned that we should not SPILL THE BEANS during our reviews!
- we learned how to make our sentences not too long and not too short! We can add punctuation so our sentences don’t go on and on and on and on...... We can also add connecting words like and, or, but, because to make our sentences longer and more interesting.
- we added and subtracted larger numbers on the number line hotel.
- we continued to learn new strategies for understanding the books we are reading: -Check that you’re getting it. -Make a movie to picture what’s happening. -Keep track of who’s talking. -Say the word the best you can and think about what it means....look for clues in the words and in the pictures.
- we learned new vowel teams in fundations. ue in blue and ue in rescue and ew in chew.
Upcoming important dates:
4/3 - CAP
4/10 - Delayed opening
4/12 - Zak and Keira’s birthday
4/16-4/20 - April Vacation