Current Trick Words: are, were
review trick words: do, does, from, have, the, a, and, is, his, of as, has, to, into, we, he, she, be, me, or, for, you, your, I, they, one, said, was
Poems of the week
This week in school...
- Sasha shared about her weekend with Piggie. Sophia is taking PIggie home today! Have fun Sophia!
- Mrs. Witcher was a guest readers! Thank you!
- We started unit 6 in fundations. We are learning about basewords and suffix s. When you add suffix s to a word, the word goes from being singular to plural.
- in Reading Workshop we learned that word detectives can break long words into smaller parts (syllables). Word detectives also pay special attention to the beginning of words.
- We learned that two consonants together are called a consonant blend.
- We made goals in writing workshop to help us become even stronger writers.
- We started making a table of contents for our nonfiction chapter books.
- we had a delayed opening
- We had a math assessment for chapter 3 and started chapter 4.
- we learned how to solve cross number puzzles in math!
- we learned how to solve for a missing addend.
- You need to have at least 2 pieces of information in order to solve a number sentence.
- we went to the computer lab and learned about “the Hour of Code”
- we went to a special assembly put on by the Tanglewood Marionettes (Thank you PTC!)
- We made snowmen. We are changing our wall from fall to a winter wonderland.
- we made gingerbread houses for out winter wall.
- Mrs. Schwarm was out on Thursday and we had a guest teacher, Mrs. Benner.
- we read a few traditional versions of the gingerbread man book. Next week, we will read some fractured versions of the gingerbread book.
- Mrs. Carney joined us for morning meeting.
12/12 - First night of Hanukkah