New Trick Words: say, says, because
Review Trick Words: her, over, number, should, could, would, too, very, some, come, also, put, two, why, by, try, my, where, here, there, who, what, when, are, were, do, does, from, have, was, one, said, you, your, I, they, we, he, she, be, me, or, for, as, has, to, into, a, and, are, as, his, is, I, me, my, of, see, the
This week In school....
- we celebrated Maddie's birthday! Happy Birthday!!!!
- Owen and Ella both shared about their weekends with the Mo stuffie. Maddie Is taking home Pigeon this weekend. Have fun!
- Mr. Sherman was a mystery reader this week. Thank you!
- We had an early release day.
- we learned about closed syllables in Fundations. A closed syllable can only have one vowel and it must have a consonant after the vowel. If the syllable is closed, the vowel is short.
- We learned 5 new vowel teams.
- ai as in bait
- ay as in play
- ee as in jeep
- ea as in eat
- ey as in key
- we started writing about our collections and using reasons to support our opinions about our collections. Ask your child which item in their collection is their favorite and why.
- we wrote about other people's collections and we either agreed and respectfully disagreed with their opinions.
- we started our new gymnastics unit in PE
- we learned tools for understanding our books
- check that you're getting it
- make a movie in your mind to picture what's happening
- keep track of who's talking
- say the word the best you can and think about what it means
- we learned ways to sound like a reading star
- we had a math assessment. Look for it in your child's folder on Monday.
- we made parachutes in science and learned that in order for the parachute to move through the air, it must push the air out of its way. The air pushing back on the parachute makes it fall slowly. When any object moves through air, it is always slowed down by something called air resistance.
- we are starting to take down our winter wonderland. We are excited to decorate the room for spring!
- 3/7 - Maddie's birthday
- 3/8 - Daylight Savings
- 3/13 - school spirit day (wear Eliot clothes) and the Eliot vs Willam's basketball game will be that night at the high school.