Review Trick Words: we, he, she, be, me, or, for, as, has, to, into, a, and, are, as, his, is, I, me, my, of, see, the, was, you
This week In school....
- David shared about his weekend with Piggie. Ari is taking Gerald home today. Have fun, Ari!
- We learned how to say hello In Russian (Privyet)
- we had an early release day.
- we celebrated David's birthday
- we had our last STEAM art class. We will have STEAM music starting next Thursday.
- we had a special presentation called Understanding Different Abilities yesterday. We learned about visual impairments and did activities to help us better understand different visual impairments. This was organized and run by Parents from the PTC.
- In writing workshop, we had a post assessment for small moments and a pre assessment for nonfiction. We will start writing non fiction next week.
- we cleaned out our writing workshop folders. We hope you enjoyed reading all of our rough drafts.
- we did OSMO as one of our stations during math this week. Ask your child all about it!
- we got to hold Eloise yesterday. She was a wonderful classroom pet and we will miss her.
- we learned that word detectives take an even closer look at tricky words. They can break long words into smaller parts and they pay attention to the beginning of words (look for blends and digraphs!)
- We used post its during reading workshop to find words that began with either a blend or a digraph.
- we had a fundations assessment on digraphs. Look for this in your child's folder next week.
- in math we played a game called guess my number using words like greater than, less than, and equal to.
- we learned how to tell time to the hour.
- Monday, November 11 - No School, Veterans Day
- Tuesday, November 12 - Ari's birthday
- Wednesday, November 13 - Eliot School Spirit Day. Wear Eliot Gear or something with Eliot colors)
- Tuesday, November 19 - Sandwich Tuesday (First grade collects toothbrushes and toothpaste)