This week in school....
- We celebrated Kabir and Daniel’s birthday! We got to do the Birthday GoNoodle twice!
- We explored with pattern blocks and attribute links.
- We sorted attribute links by size, shape, and color.
- We practiced writing the numbers 4 through 9.
- Cody, Kelvin, Ari, and Daniel got to do star name.
- We started Fundations unit 1. Today we reviewed the following letters: t, b, f
- We met our classroom buddies. We will get to work with them every other Friday. Ask your child which class is our classroom buddy (Mrs. Slotnick’s 3rd grade class) and who their buddy is.
- we learned about being a bucket filler.
- we got our poetry binders and put our first two poems in it.
- Moriah started school this week with us! We now have 23 amazing rockstars in room 178.
- we used the iPads.
- we went to the computer lab and used the laptops.
- we continued to learn good habits that strong readers. (Take a sneak peak, check your sneak peak, at the end DO SOMETHING (ask your child what they like to do), push yourself to read more and more and more)
- we wrote letters to our families for curriculum night.
- we read a book called I Like Me and we wrote reasons why we like ourselves.
- We hung up our Dots for Dot Day.
- We learned about Whole Body Listening and the Voice Level Chart. Ask your child how they can be a whole body listener (they listen with their eyes, ears, mouth, brain, arms, and legs)
- We played SPLAT with Mrs. Heins.
- we had new jobs.....ask your child which jobs they had this week.
9/18 - picture day
9/19 - Yom Kippur - No School
9/25 - Early Release Day (12:15 Dismissal)