- we celebrated Sophia’s 7th birthday and watched a silly video of Zoey and Hadley singing happy birthday to her!
- we learned the class birthday song
- we learned the fairness stick greeting.
- we had math choice. Ask your child what they liked to do during math choice.
- we learned new math games...roll 5 and draw 5.
- we launched writing workshop.
- we learned how to plan out our small moments
- touch and tell, sketch across the pages, write!
- we reviewed more fundation letters. So far we have reviewed: t, b, f, m, n, c, o, i, u, a, g, d, s, e and r. Ask your child to tell you the sound each letter makes!
- we celebrated the first day of fall by using water colors and painting leaves. We each got to make 2. We will hang them up in the classroom.
- we had picture day...smile!
- we discussed the difference between fiction and non fiction.
- we talked about bad habits readers might pick up (the freeze, the blooper, the mumble, the tell me).
- We discussed good habits readers can pick up (check the picture, look at all parts of the word, and check it to make sense)
- we learned two new poems. Check them out on our website.
- we had indoor recess!
- we filled our individual book bins for independent reading.
- we built our stamina for independent reading to 18 minutes!
- we started reading our first chapter book. We are reading 26 Fairmont Avenue by Tomie dePaola.
- in Second Step, we read a book about feelings and brainstormed all of the different feelings we have.
- we read our first Scholastic News. Thank you to the PTC for funding this for all of first grade!
- Mrs. Schwarm showed us the Schwarm Shuffle.
- we read I Really Like Slop by Mo Willems and watched this funny video!
9/26 Early Release Day- 12:15
Enjoy these pictures from this week! Click on them to see the whole photo.