current trick words: our, out, about
review trick words: how, now, down, any, many, see, each, between, say, says, her, number, over,would, could, should come, some, too, also, very put, two, why, by, try, my, who, what, when are, were, do, does, from, have, the, a, and, is, his, of as, has, to, into, we, he, she, be, me, or, for, you, your, I, they, one, said, was
This week in school....
- Zak and Mansur both took home a Mo Stuffy and the Mo Journal.
- we had CAP. CAP stands for Child Abuse Prevention. We learned how to stay SAFE, STRONG, AND FREE.
- we started our last STEAM class. Now on Thursday’s we will have an extra music class.
- we had walk to school day.
- our classroom got tadpole eggs from the science center.
- we learned two new suffixes....-ing and -ed. When we use -ed, that means something happened in the past. When we add -ing to an action word, it means that it is happening right now. Mrs Schwarm squinted. Mrs. Schwarm is squinting.
- We had a unit 10 Fundations assessment. Look for it in your child’s back pack on Monday.
- we had a guest reader. A student in fourth grade came to read to us.
- we are finishing up our book reviews. We picked one of our reviews to publish and we used a check list to help us revise and edit.
- we started a new unit for Reading Workshop. We are going on adventures with the characters in our books. To do this, we must take a sneak peak to get ready, keep track of where and when the story takes place (setting) and make predictions about what might happen next.
- we started reading Iris and Walter to help us learn more about characters and settings.
- we worked with numbers to 100 and beyond. We practiced adding and subtracting tens and ones.
- we all got to go shopping every single day! We are continuing to earn money to shop.
- Mrs. Sullivan came in to talk about strategies we can use to go from the yellow, blue, or red zone back to the green zone.
- We went to a publishing party in Mrs. Jeas’ and Mrs. Munkenbeck’s class.
- 4/10 - Delayed opening
- 4/12 - Zak and Keira’s birthday
- 4/16-4/20 - April Vacation