- current trick words: see, each, between
- review trick words: say, says, her, number, over,would, could, should come, some, too, also, very put, two, why, by, try, my, who, what, when are, were, do, does, from, have, the, a, and, is, his, of as, has, to, into, we, he, she, be, me, or, for, you, your, I, they, one, said, was
This week in school....
- Colin shared about his weekend with Pigeon. Molly is taking home Piggie this weekend....have fun!
- we learned that when you think you’ve read a tricky word correctly, you have to be the boss and check it. You can triple-check.
- does it sound right?
- does it look right?
- does it make sense?
- we made plans for our reading. Sometimes we rely on certain reading strategies all the time. We made a plan to try and use a strategy we don’t use often.
- we started the next unit in Math and had a preassessment.
- we are learning how to collect and analyze data in graphs.
- we learned tally charts and picture graphs.
- we are learning how to write reviews in order to persuade others to have the same opinion as us.
- we practiced marking closed syllables with suffix s.
- We are earning class points. We can earn a class point when we are respectful listeners, quiet walkers in the hallway, and being respecful towards the school. When we have 40 class points, each student will get a bank account to keep in their desk. They will earn money to spend at the class store. The class store will be opened when we have reached 50 class points. We are all VERY excited!
- we finished our Chinese Lanterns
- we had an early release day and a snow day.
- we had a mystery reader at the end of the day. Thank you Mrs. Galvin!
3/11 - Daylight Savings
3/13 - Molly’s birthday
3/16 - Eliot vs Hillside annual basketball game
3/17 - St. Patrick’s Day.
3/17 - Eliot 5k
3/19 - Jack’s Birthday
3/20 - First Day of Spring