Wish List - we are out of bandaides!
current trick words: friend, another, other
review trick words: our, out, about, how, now, down, any, many, see, each, between, say, says, her, number, over,would, could, should come, some, too, also, very put, two, why, by, try, my, who, what, when are, were, do, does, from, have, the, a, and, is, his, of as, has, to, into, we, he, she, be, me, or, for, you, your, I, they, one, said, was
This week in school....
- The students are now leading morning meeting and writing the morning greeting. We started this today. Theo was our first student to do this. Great Job Theo!
- Korrine and Sophia both took home a Mo Stuffy and the Mo Journal.
- Mr. Velde came to teach us all about the Boston Marathon the Friday before vacation. Thank you Mr. Velde!!!
- Ozzy the Therapy Dog came to visit us today. Ozzy is 4 years old and teaches people how to pet dogs and all about dog safety. Ozzy is an Australian Labradoodle.
- we celebrated Keira's and Zak's birthday right before vacation week.
- We had a guest reader today...thank you Mr. Bekker!
- we were supposed to get a corn snake named Amber today. This was postponed until Monday.
- We celebrated Earth Day. Check out this beautiful song the ENTIRE school sang together during our Earth Day assembly on Wednesday. Click here to listen to the song. The kids LOVED it.
- we began learning more about the main character in reading workshop.
- In order to learn about the main character, we need to pay attention to what they say, do, think, feel, like and dislike.
- it’s important to pay attention to other characters, too! They can help us to learn more about the main character.
- It’s important to reread to learn more about the main character.
- we can change our voice to show what the character is feeling and bring the character to life.
- We started reading a new chapter book called Mr. Putter & Tabby drop the ball.
- we started writing realistic fiction! These stories seem like they’re real. They could happen in real life!
- In realistic fiction, you imagine a pretend character, give the character a name, have the character go on an adventure, and give the character some trouble along the way!
- It’s important to get the character out of trouble and provide a satisfying ending for the reader.
- we started a new unit for Fundations. We are learning about a new syllable called vowel consonant e (v-e). We learned that e is the busiest letter in the alphabet and always changing the way other vowels sound. When e is at the end of a syllable, the vowel before it is long. Ask your child how to mark a v-e syllable.
- in math we started studying the attributes of 2D shapes. We sorted attribute links by size, shape, and color. We played a guess my attribute link game today in math.
- Only 3 more days left in April!