Thank you to the Galvin, Witcher, Cunningham, and Capobianco families for the generous donations to the school store!
current trick words: any, many
review trick words: see, each, between, say, says, her, number, over,would, could, should come, some, too, also, very put, two, why, by, try, my, who, what, when are, were, do, does, from, have, the, a, and, is, his, of as, has, to, into, we, he, she, be, me, or, for, you, your, I, they, one, said, was
This week in school....
- Jack shared about his weekend with Piggy. Peter is taking home Pigeon. Have fun!
- We celebrated the first day of spring. Thank you to our room parents, Mrs. Oriel and Mrs. Velde for planning the activities and organizing the spring celebration. Thank you to Mrs. Popkin, Mrs. Alwart, Mr. McKee and Mrs. Cunningham for helping to run the party. The kids had a great time....ask your child what their favorite activity was! Check out our spring slide show here!
- we completed our Hello Spring poem.
- We celebrated Jack’s birthday
- we made flowers inspired by Eric Carle’s artwork.
- the school store opened! We got to go shopping on Thursday and today. Your child will bring home their receipt whatever they purchased that day to show you. Erasers and pencils can come back to school.
- we had an end of the unit assessment in math. We started chapter 7 this week.
- we learned how to identify and extend rules on the numberline.
- we learned how to write catchy introductions and catchy conclusions for our reviews in writing workshop.
- We combined our reviews together to create anthologies.
- we started learning new tools which will help us to better “understand” what we are reading. If we get to the end of a part and we don’t “get it”.....we should REREAD!
- Mrs. Sullivan came in and we continued to learn about the different "feeling" zones. Ask your child to tell you about the green zone, blue zone, yellow zone, and red zone.
- we started a new science unit, light and sound! We explored making sounds by making things vibrate.
3/29 - Early Release Day (12:15 dismissal)
3/30 - No School (Good Friday)
Parent conferences start in April