- Bonjour (hello)
- Au Revoir (goodbye)
Current Trick Words: why, by, try, my
review trick words: who, what, when are, were, do, does, from, have, the, a, and, is, his, of as, has, to, into, we, he, she, be, me, or, for, you, your, I, they, one, said, was
Poems of the week
The week before winter vacation...
- Zak shared about his weekend with Gerald
- we celebrated Ellie’s 1/2 birthday
- we went up to Mrs. Sullivan’s 3rd grade room to read their completed nonfiction stories.
- we went to 2 concerts (band and chorus). Mrs. Schwarm played the clarinet with the fifth grade band.
- we celebrated the winter solstice with a celebration!
- we graduated from word detective training!
This week in school...
- we had a fundations assessment on suffix s.
- we started unit 7 for fundations. We learned the following glued sounds
- ang, ing, ong, ung
- we began our next unit of study for reading workshop...Nonfiction
- we are learning how to get super smart about nonfiction topics
- Readers take a sneak peak to start learning about a topic.
- Readers study each page closely
- Readers predict what the next page is going to be about.
- we put out new games for Reading Centers.
- in math we had a pre assessment on place value.
- we had our first math fact quiz
- we learned a new math game. Look for it in your child’s folder.
- we are exploring place value (ones and tens place)
- we wrote New Years resolutions. Ask your child how they are going to knock your socks off in the new year!
- We celebrated Mansur’s 1/2 birthday
- 5 students from Mrs. Sullivan’s 3rd grade class came and performed readers theater for us today.
- we had indoor recess EVERY DAY!
- Will is taking home Pigeon...have fun!
1/5 - PTC Family fun Night
1/8 - PTC Meeting 9am
1/15 - MLK Day, no school
1/16 - 2 hour delay (first bell 10:05, 2nd bell 10:20)