review trick words: friend, another, other our, out, about, how, now, down, any, many, see, each, between, say, says, her, number, over,would, could, should come, some, too, also, very put, two, why, by, try, my, who, what, when are, were, do, does, from, have, the, a, and, is, his, of as, has, to, into, we, he, she, be, me, or, for, you, your, I, they, one, said, was
This week in school....
- We got Amber on Monday! She is an albino corn snake. She is a lot of fun to watch.
- Cynthia, Sophia, Will, Molly, Connor all led morning meeting this week! Great job everyone!
- Molly and Theo both got to bring home a Mo stuffy this week.
- Sasha, Will, and Theo got to blog this week.
- We learned a new game called 7 up.
- We learned about using sparkle words in writing workshop.
- we started writing series in writing workshop. Ask your child who the main character in their series is. Where does the adventure take place? What type of trouble does their character get into? How do they solve that trouble?
- we learned how to compare and contrast similar books in reading workshop using a Venn Diagram.
- we learned that readers learn life lessons when reading a book. They can reread the ending and think “how did the trouble get fixed?” and they can think “what did the character realize or learn.”
- We can also predict the lesson right from the start and ask ourselves “I wonder if this is going to be the kind of story that teaches me about.......”
- we learned that we can read our books like an expert. Authors leave clues that help us to read. Some of these clues include: punctuation, special print, dialogue, and the pictures.
- we started exploring maps in social studies.
- we described the attributes of both 2D and 3D shapes.
- Rita from 3rd grade came in to visit.
- Sasha lost a tooth!
- we had some REALLY hot days this week.
- we read the traditional and a fractured version of the 3 little pigs.
5/6 - Eliot 5K
5/12 - Eliot talent show.