- new trick words: we he she be me or for
- review trick words: the, a, and, is, his, of as, has, to, into
- we planted lima beans for each section.
- we had an early release day.
- we went to an assembly and learned about ALICE.
- we had a guest teacher.
- we had understanding different abilities which was organized by the PTC. We learned more about people who are blind or have visual impairments. Parents came in to do workshops with the students in the morning and in the afternoon we had a guest who shared with us her experiences with being blind. She also brought her seeing eye dog, Cameron. Thank you to all of the parents who helped to make this such an amazing experience for the students.
- Charlotte shared about her weekend with Piggie. Keira is taking Piggie home today!
- we are learning how to add and subtract on the number line in math.
- Mrs. Schwarm bought new math games for the classroom.
- we learned a game called “treasure hunt” in math.
- we started RAZ Kids. Please let me know if you need any information about your child’s account!
- in writing workshop we learned about how authors that we love an help us to become stronger writers. We learned about using ellipses, using words to describe exactly what a character is doing, and how to make your words pop so that the reader reads them in a strong way.
- we learned the importance of adding punctuation at the end of our sentences and including upper case letters at the beginning.
- We had the 40th day of school!
- Our butterfly emerged from its chrysalis. We released it on Monday.
- we made bats
- we had our unit 3 Fundations assessment.
- 10/30 - Picture retake day (please send in your child’s picture packet if you plan on having their picture taken again)
- 10/31 - PJ Day
- 11/1 - Field Trip to Eastman