Sain Bainuu (hello)
Current Trick Words: put, two
review trick words: why, by, try, my, who, what, when are, were, do, does, from, have, the, a, and, is, his, of as, has, to, into, we, he, she, be, me, or, for, you, your, I, they, one, said, was
Poems of the week
This week in school....
- Will shared about his weekend with Pigeon
- Mansur is taking home Pigeon...have fun!
- we changed our desks. Ask your child who they are sitting next to now.
- we continued to become super smart by reading nonfiction.
- we learned that to get really smart about a topic, you don’t just read a book - you also have little chats about that book.
- readers reread to make sure they understand their books.
- we practiced retelling our nonfiction teaching books. A good retelling includes telling what the topic is, at least 3 facts, and explaining why or how the information is important.
- readers make their voices sound smoother and livelier as they read....this helps them to understand and remember the information in books better.
- we had a pretended to have a tea party and we shared all we know about the nonfiction topics we have been reading.
- nonfiction readers don’t let tricky words stop them from learning all they can about the topic. They remember all their good habits for solving hard words.
- we learned that writers use all they know to plan for new chapter books.
- writers do research, like finding images or photos to help them say more.
- we added correct punctuation to our stories to add feeling.
- we added speech bubbles and pop out words to our nonfiction stories.
- we picked out one of our stories that we are going to publish.
- we learned 4 new glued sounds.
- ank, ink, onk, unk
- we continued to identify the tens and ones place in 2 digit numbers.
- we took a mid year math assessment
- Mrs. McKenna taught us a new place value game using the 100’s chart
- we have new math games to play after we finish our math work.
- Mrs. McKenna told us about a math program we are going to do next week in the computer lab.
- we learned about Martin Luther King, Jr. and how he fought for equal rights in peaceful ways
- we read Martin’s Big Words
- we wrote a Peace Poem.
- we talked about positive and kind words.
- we started earning squad points. When we get 100, we will have a PJ day!
- we started Charlotte’s Web
- we started preparing for Mo Willems birthday celebration.
- 1/15 - MLK Day, no school
- 1/16 - 2 hour delay (first bell 10:05, 2nd bell 10:20)
- 1/21 - Anderson's 1/2 birthday
- 1/27 - Charlotte's 1/2 birthday
- 1/31 - Connor's birthday & early release day (12:15)
- 2/6 - 100th day of school
- 2/9 - Mo Willem's birthday celebration @9:20