Our featured language was Swahili
Kwaheri (good bye)
- We are starting our home journaling project. Please click here to see when your child is taking home Elephant, Piggie, or Gerald. Let me know if that weekend does not work for you. If you switch dates with another parent, please let me know so I can update the list. Thank you!
- I sent out a link last weekend about parents conferences. Please click here if you have not signed up for a date/time yet.
- Don’t forget to check out our two new poems!
- We are in desperate need of bandaids. If you happen to have any extra, we would love a donation. Thank you!
This week in school...
- we practiced changing words around in Fundations
- ie. mat, cat, cut, cup, cap, zap, lap, lip
- we learned that a “sentence starts tall, the rest is small....and then PUNCTUATION”
- we went to the computer lab and started a new project. We typed our words and drew a picture to match. We will finish this project next week and then it will be posted to our website.
- we reviewed all of our good habits for reading workshop. Remind your child to practice these habits every time they read!
- try it two ways.
- get a running start.
- reread it smoothly.
- look at all parts of the word.
- check the picture
- take a sneak peak.
- read more and more and MORE
- do something at the end.
- try your best.
- tap out the word.
- double check. Does it look right, does it sound right, does it make sense???
- Mrs. Slotnick came in and read a story she wrote about Mrs. Schwarm and going out to dinner.
- we got our class pictures back! We do not have a date booked yet for retake day. I will let you know when we do.
- we continued to work with number bonds and breaking up numbers in the teens.
- we learned how to unfreeze our characters and bring them to life in writing workshop by making them move and talk.
- we had bus evacuation. Ask me how to stay safe on a bus.
- we talked about empathy and identifying different feelings by noticing people’s faces and body language.
- we started trick word practice. Click here to see the list of trick words. We just completed unit 2 week 2.
- We finished unit 2 of Fundations. Look for your child’s assessment in their folder on Monday.
- We made a butterfly!
- our caterpillar made a chrysalis.
- 10/13 (tonight) - Fairy Tale Fitness
- 10/21 - Pumpkin Run
- 10/26 - Early Release Day (12:15 dismissal)
- 10/31 - PJ Day
- 11/1 - Field Trip to Eastman