- Current Trick Words: do, does, from, have
- review trick words: the, a, and, is, his, of as, has, to, into, we, he, she, be, me, or, for, you, your, I, they, one, said, was
This week in school...
- Ellie shared about her weekend with Gerald. Sasha is taking PIggie home today! Have fun Sasha!
- We celebrated 2 birthday’s! Happy birthday Cynthia and Sasha!
- Mrs. Zimplas and Katerina (Sophia’s sister) were guest readers!
- We had two Fundation assessments this week! One on Monday for the bonus letters and one today for the glued sounds am and an (look for it in your child’s folder on Monday).
- Students became the teacher during Fundations and led the class in the sound drills.
- Mrs. Sullivan (3rd grade teacher) did two literacy activities with our class! One was about making sure our reading looked right, sounded right, and made sense. The other one was about making different words.
- in Reading Workshop we learned that once you have learned a word, you don’t need to learn it again. Instead, read it in a snap!
- we learned that readers scoop words to make their reading sound smooth.
- we practiced skip counting by 2’s and 5’s
- we counted collections of nickels and pennies.
- we played two new math games (race for nickels and coin grab)
- we changed the classroom calendar to December.
- 3 kids all lost a tooth on the same day.
- students became teachers in fundations and did the sound card drills.
- we learned that writers think about their readers and answer questions they might have when writing our non fiction teaching books.
- we learned about how pictures are important for our nonfiction teaching books.
- we read Strega Nona’s Harvest.
12/3 - Sasha’s Birthday
12/6 - Delayed opening (First bell 10:05. Second bell 10:20)