Here is a sneak peak into last week!
Last week in school we...
- all had jobs for the entire week.
- no longer had to sit at our desks for independent reading! We can now sit anywhere in the classroom as long as we choose a place where we can continue to do our very best work.
- increased our stamina for independent reading to 14 minutes!
- learned how taking a sneak peak at an illustration can help us to tackle tricky words.
- started Fundations. So far we have reviewed the letters t, b, f, m, n, i, and u.
- started collecting poems in our poetry binders.
- learned two new poems (click on weekly poems to enjoy with your child)
- wrote letters to our parents for curriculum night.
- created three more class books. One about friendship, one all about each child, and one about their teacher.
- explored the number line hotel and completed number lines with missing numbers.
- played the game Number Road Race in math.
- started doing individuals shares during morning meeting.
- completed our Colors of Us project!
- learned about the Voice Level Chart.
Important dates coming up:
- Picture Day 9/19
- No School - 9/21
- First Day of Fall - 9/22
- Early Release Day, 12:15 - 9/26