Thank you to the McKee family, Shin family, Popkin family, Zimplas family, Bekker family, and Nasson family for the generous donations to the school store! The kids are so excited!
review trick words: see, each, between, say, says, her, number, over,would, could, should come, some, too, also, very put, two, why, by, try, my, who, what, when are, were, do, does, from, have, the, a, and, is, his, of as, has, to, into, we, he, she, be, me, or, for, you, your, I, they, one, said, was
This week in school....
- Molly shared about her weekend with Piggy. Jack is taking home Piggy. Have fun!
- Mrs. Sullivan (Guidance) and I have begun to do some class lessons on feeling "zones" (blue, green, yellow, and red) and strategies students can use in each of the zones to get back to the "green zone".
- we learned that readers think about the story and what is happening in order to problem solve tricky words.
- we learned how to make comparisons in our review writing.
- we continued to write reviews using interesting opening sentences, bold statements, supportive details, and conclusions.
- we played a fun game called number race. We talked about probability.
- we got our bank accounts! We started off with 1 Quarter, 3 Dimes, 2 Nickels, and 5 pennies. We have earned a lot of money by walking quietly in the hallway, being respectful listeners during lessons, working quietly, and being good friends! We are hoping that the school store will open next week. Until then, we will continue to earn money and save!
- We had a fundations assessment. We will start unit 10 next week.
- We went to a pep rally for tonight’s basketball game.
- we had a snow day and a delayed opening.
- we took down our winter wonderland and will soon get our room ready for spring!
- Cynthia’s mom came in and taught all of first grade all about the Chinese New Year! Thank you, Candy!
- we had a mystery reader on Friday. Thank you Mrs. Alwart!
- we painted papers for a special spring project.
- We celebrated Molly’s birthday!
3/16 - Eliot vs Hillside annual basketball game (doors open at 5:30 and the game starts at 6)
3/17 - St. Patrick’s Day.
3/19 - Jack’s Birthday
3/20 - First Day of Spring
3/29 - Early Release Day (12:15 dismissal)
3/30 - No School (Good Friday)