- foaming hand soap
Our featured language this week is from Germany.
- Guten Tag
Current Trick Words: come, some, too, also, very
review trick words: put, two, why, by, try, my, who, what, when are, were, do, does, from, have, the, a, and, is, his, of as, has, to, into, we, he, she, be, me, or, for, you, your, I, they, one, said, was
This week in school....
- we continued to talk about Martin Luther King, Jr. and ways to be kind. You can hear us say often “Kindness Counts”! We have decided to do an act of kindness in our community by collecting 100 canned goods (or maybe even more!) to donate to the Needham Food Shelter. Thank you to those who have already donated!
- Mansur shared about his weekend with Pigeon
- Anderson is taking home Pigeon this weekend...have fun!
- we had a delayed opening
- we went up to the computer lab and practiced using the laptop touch pad. click here for some fun math games which are also great for mouse/touch pad practice (clicking, dragging, etc)
- we went back to the computer lab for a math assessment called amath.
- we had our last STEAM technology. Next week we start STEAM art.
- we continued to practice our new glued sounds and we added suffix s to them. (rink = rinks, thing = things)
- we had our fundations unit 7 assessment. Look for it in your child’s folder on Monday.
- we talked about how nonfiction books can sometimes have very challenging words. When we come to these difficult words, do we give up? NO!!! We use all of the good habits we learned at the beginning of the year to solve those words.
- we practiced adding and subtracting 10 and 1.
- we introduced a new coin. We talked about how a dime is similar to a tower of ten.
- we completed our writing workshop unit of study for nonfiction writing! We chose our favorite story and using an editing checklist to published them.
- We shared our published stories with another first grade class and a second grade class.
- we started studying light and shadows in science. We completed an activity to see what materials are translucent, opaque, and transparent.
- we had Patriot’s/sports Spirit Day!
- we went to the third grade State Fair
- Keira lost her tooth in the hallway
1/21 - Anderson's 1/2 birthday
1/27 - Charlotte's 1/2 birthday
1/31 - Connor's birthday & early release day (12:15)
2/6 - 100th day of school
2/9 - Mo Willem's birthday celebration @9:20